We have been made a Hero Product by My Green Pod – a green consumer magazine, that is circulated by the Guardian newspaper. To be termed a hero product means complying with the magazine’s green ethical and sustainable standards. We meet their standards because we:
- Use natural products for heat insulation – sheep’s wool;
- Use Argon filled Planitherm double glazing for all our hand crafted windows;
- The Woodland Trust to plant a a tree in managed woodland for every hut we build;
- Use sustainable, FSC certified, timber in our hand-crafted huts;
- Use recycle brake discs to make the wheels for our huts;
We now feature on My Green Pod’s website www.mygreenpod.com – Heroes section – We also featured on their Spring 2017 publication http://www.mygreenpod.com/mgp-magazine
If you get a chance to look at the publication – view it via the web address above, you’ll see lots of other interesting Hero Products. We’re checking out:
Chocolate with a conscience – Seed and Bean, ethical, colourful and tasty, I wonder if we should put some bars in each of our new huts as part of a welcome gift to our new hut owners?
E-bikes that come with a tax break – Wisper Bikes : as we are based in York, well known for its bike-friendly environment, an e-bike might encourage me to cycle further
We look forward to continue to work with My Green Pod and come across other sustainable suppliers.